Friday, March 22, 2013

What I have been up to since my last post...

Haven't had much time lately to blog about my baking due to the holidays then I tore my ACL playing soccer and have gotten really into home brewing beer and wine (post to come!)

Here are some pictures of things I did manage to make over the last few months:





Chicken kabobs with peppers, onions and pineapple. (Chicken was marinated for about 6 hrs in a lemon pepper marinade from Safeway, then BBQ about 2 minutes per side).



English style fish and chips. (I used this recipe for my batter without soda water though, and I prefer to bake my French fries on a cookie rack after soaking them in water for about an hr. and tossing them in olive oil. this yields some wonderfully crisp fries.)



Chocolate turtle cupcakes (my deliciously moist chocolate cupcakes filled with homemade caramel and topped with caramel butter cream, more caramel and a walnut. These babies won me second place in our office bake off!)



Shrimp pasta with tomatoes and lemon (my bf's new favorite dish. We've made it several times and its always good. I used this recipe but omitted the spinach. We made some red pepper olive oil, shown in the photo, that we tossed the shrimp in as they cooked that added a wonderful kick of spice. The bruschetta is just a slice baguette, topped with a mixture of diced Roma tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sliced fresh basil with Parmesan or mozzarella cheese, then baked at 425 for about 5 minutes).



Quick mini cheesecakes (I used a mini cupcake tray and mini cupcake liners. I put on Nilla Wafer cookie at the bottom of each and topped it with a cream cheese mixture found in this recipe. If you haven't heard of Bakerella, I would highly recommend you look at her site; she has tons of wonderful recipes. I deviated slightly from her mini cheese cakes and topped mini with diced and sweetened strawberries instead).


Please, feel free to comment below if you want more info on any of those recipes!
XOXO-S

No comments:

Post a Comment