Thursday, May 30, 2013

Vanilla Raspberry Cupcakes (BEST moist vanilla cupcake recipe)

So in honor of one my friend's birthdays, (Sarah of Sarah Christine Style!)  I let her choose her treat!

She picked vanilla cupcakes with raspberries. I thought about how I would make these and decided upon a simple vanilla cupcake, covered with raspberry jam and then a swirl of raspberry buttercream.

I've tried a bunch of vanilla cupcake recipes over the course of my baking life. I've made great ones (like the 5 dozen cupcakes I made for my cousin's baby shower) and not so great ones (uh... No comment). This recipe is BY FAR MY FAVORITE. It yields a light, fluffy, sweet and moist cake that domes up perfectly.

Vanilla Cupcakes

Cupcakes:
Ingredients-

1 1/2 cp. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs
3/4 cp. sugar

1-2 tsp of vanilla (pure or extract)
1-2 tsp of almond extract
1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola would work)
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%, I assume fat free, 1%, or whole could work)

First, pre-heat your oven to 350*F.
Next, stir flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in large mixing bowl; set aside.
Now, mix eggs and sugar in a second bowl with a whisk or mixer.
After that, add the vanilla, almond extract, oil and milk to the egg and sugar. Whisk well!
Finally, add this liquid mix to the powder mix in the other bowl and mix well with a mixer.



Fill your cupcake liners about 2/3 full (don't go too crazy, they will rise!) and bake them for about 12 minutes. Try sticking a tooth pick into one that has domed up especially high. If it comes out clean, they are done! If any moist cake crumbs come off, pop them back in for an additional minute or two.

Allow them to completely cool before frosting!

(I slathered on a layer of preserves then frosted them with a simple buttercream with some of the raspberry preserves mixed in!)

Ta-Da!

 
xoxo-S



1 comment:

  1. Yay! They were SO good too! :)

    - Sarah Christine
    SarahChristineStyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete